Loresco type SWS® is designed
for use in impressed current surface systems. SWS® is also suitable
for containerized anode systems and semi-deep impressed current
systems. SWS® may be poured dry or through water or light mud.
Loresco SWS® exhibits a hard, round shape and does not require
tamping because of its ability to go full density with simple
pouring. The bulk density of SWS® is 68 lbs. per cubic foot. The
predominant particle sizing ranges from 1mm to 5mm with no particle
larger than 12mm.
The manufacture of SWS® is in a highly controlled "hot" atmosphere
which produces a particle surface with wettable characteristics.
This allows SWS® to be freely poured directly into water or light
mud without sacrificing system integrity due to poorly compacted
carbon. Set-up time is almost instantaneous.
Loresco SWS® is a product designed to be placed in the earth.
According to EPA-approved leacherate tests, SWS® meets all purity
requirements for materials utilized in underground burial.
Loresco SWS® may be poured freely in dry applications. If SWS®
is poured through water, the rate should not exceed one hundred
pounds per minute. The rate of pouring should be decreased
if the fluid is a light mud.
Horizontal Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a
ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco SWS® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or
- Place anodes on top of SWS®.
- Pour SWS® in a continuous layer until anodes are covered by
a six inch backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
Vertical Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of SWS® in bottom of hole.
- Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Pour SWS® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
- Bulk Density: 68 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Particle Sizing: 90% between 1 mm and 5 mm
Loresco SWS® is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated,
woven polypropylene bags. SWS® may be stored outside for limited
periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets
are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging
is also available.